It was a nice night, rather-wise, but sort of tough sleeping. My air mattress deflated so I was on the hard ground. I actually slept OK but I woke up a lot when I needed to turn over. About 6am I grabbed my Kindle and read for a while before getting dressed and going out for a hike.
I first went south through the campground to where the trail ran out and then went across the highway to a nature trail that has interpretive sign explaining the ecology of the area. Then I went back to the campground and hiked along the river for as far as I could go. It was pleasant and woke me up.
I went through the usual morning routine and started getting packed up. I did inflate my mattress and I think the valve thing might not have been closed. It’s really difficult to operate. I let it sit inflated for a while and then laid down on for a bit. I think it did get softer. I’m not going to try to do a repair. Instead I’ll pick up a new one later today.
I was loaded up and on the road by 9:45. The only issue is that I am still trying to figure out why my dash can unit has trouble connecting to the phone for CarPlay. I can certainly ride without it but having the map thing on the screen when going through a city is handy as it prompts where the turn is going to be.
I rode Hwy 410 and enjoyed some nice twisties right away.
Then it was up to Chinook Pass.
Then it was past Mount Ranier.
When I got to Enumclaw. I pulled over to check the phone for messages and find where the nearest REI might be. Luckily, it’s in Tacoma and right on the way. I rode city streets for quite a while before getting on the freeway and taking it to the REI. Traffic was what traffic is here.
At REI I looked through the various air mattresses and there is quite the range, feature and prices. I like the one I have and found one like it, just the next model up. Rolled up it’s one of the smallest and that is one thing I am looking for.
I got stuff rearranged on the bike, set the mapping software to Sequim and, surprisingly, the CarPlay worked. Here’s the interchange I had to negotiate when I got going.
The ride was uneventful and once away from the city, the traffic eased up.
I arrived a bit after 3pm, stopped for gas, and then settled in to my mom’s place. I grabbed a shower before we went down to the chow hall for dinner. We ate with the usual suspects, including Jo who is 102.
Afterwards were entertained by the Olympic Singers, a groups about 20 women who sang an assortment of mostly patriot songs.
It was a 197 mile day.
No comments:
Post a Comment