Sunday, September 24, 2023

Bridger Again

September 24, 2023

The last time I rode to Bridger I got rained out so with great weather today, I revisited that ride.  I headed out about 2:15pm with a temperature in the the mid-70s, beautiful skies and no wind.  I took the usual route though Billings west end, going south on Buffalo Trail into Laurel.  I stopped for some photos along the way.





When I got to Rockvale I turned south and rode to Fromberg where I turned left to get on the Bridger-Fromberg Road.  I stopped along the way for these photos.






Way in the background you can see the Gebo Barn.  It has some interesting history and I plan to make a stop there at some point to do a drawing of it.


In Bridger I parked that the town park where I wanted to do some photography and a sketch.  I’d brought one of my filmed cameras and had loaded a short, 12-exposure roll because I have a new developer I want to test out.  After shooting the roll, I sat down and started a sketch.  I was about 1/4 of the way into it when a kid, about 7-years old, rode up on his bike and asked if he could see it.  He did and gave me advice about the various details on the building that make it challenging to draw.  After that, he went over to the playground, set his phone up to play some music, and got in a swing and did that for about 20 minutes.

I got about as much done on the sketch as I wanted and got ready to head out.




When I got yo Laurel, I took Bernhardt Road that goes behind the refinery.  Time for a photo.



I made it home without incident.  A very pleasant day out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 15

May 15, 2024 All good visits have to come to and end and so has my stay with my son and his girlfriend in Pittsburgh.  She’s off to work and...