Sunday, September 3, 2023

A ride to Bridger

September 3, 2023

I felt that I needed a break from one of my ongoing audio-related projects and since tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, I got the bike out, grabbed my sketchbook, and headed to Bridger.  There is a really interesting park there that I talked bout on this ride back on June 2, 2022.  I thought I’d sit there for a while and do some sketches.

The ride there was uneventful and, considering that it’s a holiday weekend, there were very few vehicles on the road, so the ride there, about 55 miles, was smooth.  However, as soon as I parked at the park and got my helmet off I felt a raindrop, and then another one, and another one followed by a guest of wind and a heavy downpour.  Dang!  I got my helmet back on and headed north to outrun the storm.  Here’s a photo from that previous ride.


I stopped at the city park in Fromberg and it wasn’t long before the weather caught up with me there.



I suppose that I could have waited it out but it’s supposed to get serious in and a bunch in Billings so I just headed back and figured I’d come back on another day.

It was about 100 miles round trip and any ride is a good ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 20

What a beautiful morning at Guernsey Lake State Park in Wyoming.  Well, it was after the rain let up.  This is a gorgeous park with 13 diffe...