Monday, August 14, 2023

A short one

August 13, 2023

It’s not that I’ve lost interest in riding, it’s just that I dove deep into an automotive/art project and sort of have a deadline.  I am converting the 5 layers of paint that my 1959 Volvo PV544 has acquired over its lifetime into an abstract drawing using the subtractive rather than the additive process.  Here’s a preview of where this is going:


Since I shot that photo I’ve done the space between the hood and the windshield, the valence, and both front fenders.  I am hoping to have the two rear fenders done by the end of the week so it can be debuted at the All Euro Car Show on Saturday, however….when starting it up the other day, something hit my radiator and it created a leak.  I dropped it off for repair and they might have it done by the end of the week.

Anyway, back to the FJR.  I bought a set of handlebar weights to help take a bit of the buzz out of them.  It was a quick install and I took it out for a very short spill and I’d say that they do take the edginess of the vibration out around 3500 RPM.  

On Sunday a friend who is interested in buying an FJR stopped by to look at and sit on mine.  He liked it and since I’d taken the bike out of the garage I needed to put it away so why not take it for a spin?

It was getting late in the day and riding west into the sun was not attractive so I headed east and did an out-and-back to Pompey’s Pillar.  The sun had just dipped below the horizon when I got there and I turned around and headed back.  The bugs were thick and the bike, and my helmet, need a good wash but it cleared my mind a bit so two-wheeled therapy still works.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 20

What a beautiful morning at Guernsey Lake State Park in Wyoming.  Well, it was after the rain let up.  This is a gorgeous park with 13 diffe...