Friday, March 24, 2023

A Quick One to Pompey’s

March 24, 2023

I did do a short ride yesterday.  I went to Canyon Creek Brewery to meet a friend and then rode to Laurel vie River Road and then Buffalo Trail to Molt Road and then home.  A pretty standard quick ride.

Today was no different.  We are supposed to get 2 days of wet, heavy, spring snow starting tonight so I took advantage of what was left of the nice weather and got the bike out.  It was literally an out-and-back, out to Billings Heights, but avoiding Main Street by riding Bitterroot, past Dover Park, and then on Highway 312.  This is a ride I’ve done many times and I know it’s 38 miles to the gate of Pompey’s Pillar.

About 3 miles before arriving, it started raining.  Just a sprinkle but enough that I just grabbed a few quick pictures and then rode back the way I came.  It was right on the line as to whether I should get my winter gloves on or not.

Here’s some photos:



_ \


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 20

What a beautiful morning at Guernsey Lake State Park in Wyoming.  Well, it was after the rain let up.  This is a gorgeous park with 13 diffe...