Monday, December 27, 2021

Winter Arrives and Enforces a Break from Riding

December 28, 2021

As much as I hoped I could get in a few more rides before the weather conditions prevented them, that isn’t going to happen.  It’s definitely winter now and so the FJR has been put away until things warm up.


It gets to spend some quality time with my 1983 Volvo 245 in my extra garage.  Since it’s not heated I pulled the battery out of the Volvo but will use a battery tender on the FJR.  I also plan to go over there (it’s just across the street) and start it up and let it run every week or so.  Last year we saw temps go to -20F.  And, yes, I have a cover for it.

This morning it’s -9F which my weather app says feels like -34F.


We had heavy fog yesterday so a hoar frost covered everything.  Quite beautiful.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 20

What a beautiful morning at Guernsey Lake State Park in Wyoming.  Well, it was after the rain let up.  This is a gorgeous park with 13 diffe...