Sunday, October 10, 2021

Oil change

October 8, 2021

After last Tuesday’s ride the odometer clicked over 12,000-miles meaning it was time for my next oil change. My last change was 3,400-miles ago when I was in Pittsburgh, PA.


I’d ordered oil and filters online so I had them ready.  I took the bike out for a short ride to warm it up and then drained the crankcase.  While that takes its time I undo one end of the lower fairing so I can wrap it in aluminum foil.  This keeps oil from spilling on it when I remove the filter.  The foil is then easily discarded and the cleanup is negligible.  

The bike takes 4.23 quarts of oil.  I use Yamalube because that is what the manufacturer recommends and as long as the bike is in warranty, I’ll stick to that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 20

What a beautiful morning at Guernsey Lake State Park in Wyoming.  Well, it was after the rain let up.  This is a gorgeous park with 13 diffe...