Monday, June 28, 2021

The Little Loop

June 28, 2021

Having ridding this route for a 3rd time, I'm naming it The Little Loop. There will be a larger loop and, perhaps, one larger one than that, but, for now, this is The Little Loop.


It starts at home in Billings and travels southwest to Laurel, and picks up Hyw 212 to Rockvale.  From there it goes south on Hwy 310 to Fromberg and Bridger before getting on Hwy 72 to Belfry.  In that little town it heads west for 15 miles on Hwy 308.  I pulled over for a couple photos.




I continued along that road as it got curvy and climbed some hills.  I stopped at a vista point for some photos.







When I arrived in Red Lodge a few miles later, I could have headed back but decided that I'd go out on Hwy 212 to the official start of the Beartooth Scenic Byway.




It was getting late in the day and since this is so handy to get, I figured I'd go ahead and head home for the day.

It was a nice 150 outing.  It was warm out but I stayed pretty cool with my mesh jacket and the saturated cooling vest I worn under it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 16

May 16, 2024 This was the least happening day of the trip and certainly not that fun.  I suppose that it’s my own fault for the route planni...