Monday, May 10, 2021

First trip to Red Lodge

April 25, 2021:  

Red Lodge is a prime destination point in this area.  About 60 miles from Billings, it's at one end of the infamous Beartooth Highway.  The town itself is a tourist mecca with lots of shops, eating establishments, etc.  I really don't get there very often except for the annual Labor Day 10K race that benefits their community foundation, a run I've been doing for many years.




I headed out in what looked like gloomy weather and did catch a few sprinkles before I got to town.  I didn't spend much time there, just enough to go to the candy store for some licorice, and then headed back out.  Just outside of town it started raining so I got my first real experience with that.  No problem.  It let up before Roberts and was mostly clear the rest of the ride.  127 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The 2024 PNW Ride - Table of Contents

September 21, 2024 Table of Contents The 2024 PNW Ride - Day 1 - Billings to Idaho The 2024 PNW Ride - Day 2 - Idaho to Mount Ranier The 202...