I didn’t sleep as well as I usually do in that I woke up about every hour and had to readjust my position. The air mattress I use is fine but for some reason I just wasn’t that comfortable. The temperature was fine overnight, not even what I would describe chilly, just cool.
I woke up for good about 5:30am, my usual time, and read on my Kindle for a bit. At 6 am there was a bit of rain, just a sprinkle, from a passing cloud. I got dressed and by 6:20 I was out for my morning hike.
This is the way I like to start the day when camping, getting out and moving. I suppose it’s the same at home since I get up and hit the gym or go out for a long run on most days.
I went back to the Bear Trail and repeated the hike I had done yesterday but when I got to where I turned around before, I kept going. I hiked uphill for about 25 more minutes and got to a point where I could see that it continued on up for quite a ways. I hadn’t brought water so I decided it was a good time to turn around and head back down. By the time I got back I’d been out for 90 minutes. Here’s some photos from along the hike.
Now it was morning routine time. I heated water for my oatmeal breakfast and some cocoa. While that was happening I started getting my gear out of the tent and repacked. I want to be back home by 3pm so I need to be on the road by 11. No problem.
While I was finishing my cocoa I walked to the end of the campground loop to check out the swimming hole.
I was on the road about 9:45 and it was great out. 70 degrees and a nice 2-lane road. I cruised to Basin, WY where I pulled over to get a photo of my motorcycle in front of a county court house. I have quite the collection of these.
I was buzzing along the highway and missed my turn on 310 north to Lovell and was heading toward Cody. I know that wasn’t right so I pulled over to turn around. It was under a quarter mile back to the turnoff. I shot a photo of the cattle yard.
Now it was just logging the miles. I stopped for gas in Lovell and then rode all the way to Billings without incident. I topped off the tank before I got home so it will be mostly ready to go again except that it’s due for an oil change, which I plan to do tomorrow but today it got a wash.
It was a 175 mile day.












No comments:
Post a Comment