Nice weather. Chores out of the way. And hour or two free. Time to ride. I had to get the bike out anyway and give it a wash. The neighbors had trees trimmed the the service set their chipper right behind where I park the bike and it was covered with saw dust.
I decided to do a big loop.
I took off about 2:25 pm under blue skies, light breeze, and temperature in the low-80s. I headed up from my house, down Rimrock, up Zimmerman Trail, and then followed Skyline Drive to Alkali Creek Road..
I followed Skyline Drive to Alkali Creek Road and then took that west. Alkali Creek runs across open prairie with a few curves and some up and down. It ends at Hwy 3.
I crossed Hwy 3 and took Shorey Road.
Shorey ends at Molt Road so I took a right and headed west.
Instead of going all the way to Molt, just a few more miles, I turned south on Buffalo Trail. This is always a pleasant ride. I did pull over for a photo and shot it as a another rider went by.
Buffalo Trail continues on to Laurel but I turned on Lipp Road and took it east to where it ends and I turned north for the short hop to Grand Ave.
I rode Grand to 62nd where I turned north to get to the roundabout at Rimrock Road.
On Rimrock it's a straight shot back home.
I covered about 50 miles in a bit over an hour.



No comments:
Post a Comment