Monday, November 28, 2022

Oil Change Time

November 27, 2022

Hitting the 20,000-mile mark was not just a riding milestone, it also marks the time for the next oil change.  I needed to warm up the engine and rather than idling it, I took a short ride out west, very short.  I rode to the end of Rimrock Road, at the intersection with 70th Street.  It was a bit chilly, about 42 degrees, but a winter jacket and liner with winter gloves made it manageable.




The oil change was smooth and simple as I didn’t have to change the filter which the book says to do every other time.  I’d kicked on the heater in the garage and took mine time, fiddling with other stuff out there while the oil drained.  There are always tools to be put away and drawers and cabinets to be sorted.


That done, I put the bike away in the other garage but will hopefully get it out once or twice more before winter settles in.  After all, I rode to Red Lodge for lunch the first week of December last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 16

May 16, 2024 This was the least happening day of the trip and certainly not that fun.  I suppose that it’s my own fault for the route planni...