Monday, August 22, 2022

Backroad from Fromberg to Bridger

August 22, 2022

I headed to Fromberg to do a bit more sketching. It was really nice out and the ride was relaxing.  When I got there I set up across from the Post Office since I’d worked my way toward that end on the street in my previous sketch.


I parked in a shady spot in front of the fire desperate not.


Here what I am sketching today.



I turned to a new page and got started.  It was quiet there and most of the action takes place at the Post Office, people coming by to pick up their mail.  After a bit, 3 of them come over to see what I was doing, including Mr. Edwards who I’d talked to the other day.  They checked out the drawing and then I heard more about the local history.

I got about as far as I wanted for today, about 2 hours worth, and had the post office and what used be be the old theater inked in.


I got out my medium format film camera to take some photos on the street.  I wanted to reshoot the old candy machine I’d shot the other day in 35mm and see if I get a better negative to work with.  The one I got is OK but I think that a larger negative and finer grained film might be beneficial.  I also took some shots of the old bank, the Post Office, and an abandoned building.

I geared up and rode across the highway and went over Clarks Fork River to get to the Fromberg-Bridger Road.  I’d looked on the map and it appeared to be paved so I thought I’d give it a try.  It’s a great ride through farmland on a road that is well-paved and has some good twists.  I stopped for photos along the way.












The road went to the right across the tracks and I missed that and headed straight.  Whoops!  The pavement ended and I thought maybe I could ride on the gravel but right away it turned into a loose, washerboard mess.  I turned around and got back on the pavement.  The gravel had started just past those silos.


I picked up some dirt.


Well, that was it.  I got back on the highway and retraced my steps, getting home about 2:30.  A great, if short, day ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 19

May 19, 2024 What a day, or I should say “night.”  It started with a little thunder and few drops of rain about 1 am and worked itself up to...