Wednesday, August 10, 2022

A short ride

August 7, 2022

It was a busy day with stuff interfering was riding.  At early A.M. we had to set up and manage the Yellowstone Rim Runners Mile at the Lockwood School track.  We hauled the clock and other stuff there and 4 runners showed up.  Sigh.

The Billings Urban Sketchers had a meetup at 1pm that I might have gone to but I had to attend a Yellowstone Rim Runners meeting for the planning of our Thanksgiving Day 5K at 2pm.  I rode my bike to the meetup and took off afterwards for a short ride.

I wound my my over to South Billing Blvd. and headed south, stopping for a quick look at Riverfront Park.  While a regular running spot for me, I’ve not been there in months, avoiding it due to ticks and mosquitoes.  It’s a better venue in the fall and through the winter until ticks emerge in April.  What I noticed is that they have paved more of the main road into the park and added the much needed speed bumps.

I continued on through Bluecreek and up over the hills to Pryor Road.  I’ve been there with really wild crosswinds but today was quite still.  I turned left on Pryor Road and traveled a mile or so before pulling over.  I wanted at least one photo op on the ride.





From there is was over the twisty road into a Lockwood and head on home.  A 50-mile day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Trip 1 - Day 20

What a beautiful morning at Guernsey Lake State Park in Wyoming.  Well, it was after the rain let up.  This is a gorgeous park with 13 diffe...