Monday, September 14, 2026

2026 PNW Trip 2 - Days 6 and 7

September 12 and 13, 2026

These two days were just about visiting with my mom and sister but I did get out and do other things.  I started each day with a very early morning 5-mile run.  There is an old railroad bridge that has been converted to a pedestrian walkway as part of the Olympic Discovery trail system and it makes a good destination.  It crosses the Dungeness River and there are some trails in that area that are worth running on.  Here’s a view on my way there.


And a view from the part of the trail.


My sister was involved with a dog event at a local park and I rode my motorcycle over to check r things out.  There was all sorts of stuff going on.




After the event we met up at a taproom for lunch and a chat.  The rest of the day was at my mom’s: dinner, TV.

Sunday morning I got up for my run and saw that it was raining.  Not hard but still raining.  I didn’t let that stop me and I ran the 5 miles and got a bit wet.





Not much else went on for the rest of the day.  We had a nice dinner at my sister’s place and that was about it/

Tomorrow is departure day.  I plan to be on the road by 10am or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment